Competitive and dependent on experience
Full Time including shift working
C-Capture Leeds / Drax
Process Ops Manager – TBC
C-Capture is a growing Cleantech business based in Leeds, that has the potential to make a globally significant impact to combat climate change, with its patented carbon dioxide capture technology.
Recent investors include IP Group, Drax, and BP Ventures. Since the summer of 2018, we have expanded the team from 5 to 30+ including a crop of extremely talented recent chemistry and engineering graduates who have quickly established themselves as key members of the technical team. The business systems support team is also expanding as we transition from a mostly research and development focused organisation to one that is on a firm commercial footing. We aim to double the number of colleagues again in the next 2 years, to demonstrate, then deploy our unique technology internationally across a broad range of industrial sectors.
C-Capture are looking for an experienced operator to join our expanding team!
We are constructing a small carbon capture plant at the Drax site and require an experienced operator to run the plant under the supervision of the operations manager. The role will be based mainly at Drax, but with frequent access to the Leeds site. Typically, there will be just 2 or 3 team members running the plant during daytime hours, where the plant will be operated under full automation 24/7.
This will be a challenging, yet rewarding role that will require a passion to drive things through to completion and work as part of a team developing the next generation of carbon capture technology.
- Run the plant from the control panel to achieve stable operation
- Collect process data and work this into the provided spreadsheets
- Manage data storage of the point data
- Take and measure samples using simple analytical procedures such as Karl Fischer and titration.
- Manage sample storage locally
- Monitor the plant daily with walkarounds and visual inspections
- Develop an understanding of the plant behaviour, to anticipate troubles and ameliorate them
- Arrange for periodic instrument calibration
When not operating
- Maintain the unit fully, with assistance from the mechanical and electrical specialists
- Assist in commissioning work or re-commissioning work
- Be both permit-to-work issuer and permit acceptor, depending on need
- Be able to manage isolations as needed by permitting requirements.
- Overhaul the plant as required, for jobs such as valve changes, draining, cleaning, flushing
- Take the initiative in managing any waste materials produced
- Take a lead on local housekeeping
- Act as back-up to the operations manager when required
- Drive the forklift truck for construction, maintenance, deliveries etc.
- Be a local contact at Drax site for C-Capture
- Take a leading role in achieving safety standards on site, especially working with chemical fluids
- Maintain all analytical equipment in a state of readiness with current calibrations
- Be proactive in anticipating what is required to maintain continuous operations
- Actively engage with daily operations meetings
- Willing to work shifts
- Prior experience running chemical plants at an operator level
- Good mechanical competence with small hand-tools
- A forklift license is advantageous, but training will be given
- Be occasionally flexible over work hours as plants do not always respect core work hours
- Additional skills such as electrics, electronics, PLC programming, mechanical engineering, plumbing, laboratory skills would be advantageous
Full time, permanent position, flexible hours, shift working
In return, the successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Participation in company share options schemes
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Bike to Work scheme
- Genuine flexible working hours to support a healthy work-life balance allowing time to manage personal/family activities around work
- A creative and stimulating working environment where no two days are the same
- Company funded personal development and training
- Free on-site car parking
21st November 2023
How to Apply?:
Please email email@example.com along with your CV and Cover Letter.
You agree to our Terms and Conditions and consent to C-Capture processing your data by submitting your CV.