Project Controls Lead
Dependent on experience
C-Capture is a growing Cleantech business based in Leeds, that has the potential to make a globally significant impact to combat climate change, with its patented carbon dioxide capture technology.
We exist to help decarbonise industries, and the world, with transformative carbon capture solutions, creating a cleaner, better future for us all.
Recent investors include IP Group, Drax, and BP Ventures. Since the summer of 2018, we have expanded the team from 5 to 30+ including a crop of extremely talented recent chemistry and engineering graduates who have quickly established themselves as key members of the technical team. The business systems support team is also expanding as we transition from a mostly research and development focused organisation to one that is on a firm commercial footing. We aim to double the number of colleagues again in the next 2 years, to demonstrate, then deploy our unique technology internationally across a broad range of industrial sectors.
Life at C-Capture
We’re a tight-knit team of committed colleagues, inclusive, unified and supportive. Collaboration means a lot to us as we work with our external partners to achieve our collective vision.
We challenge the norm and current chemistry and engineering so that we can develop the world’s best carbon capture technology. Our tenacity is reflected in our inquisitive nature, our support in upskilling our colleagues and adaptive nature to overcome problems we face.
As an award-winning start up with global ambitions, we were founded by some of the greatest minds in their field. Expertise is our foundation, but we are always ready to admit what we don’t know, as what we do know, so we never stop learning, and always strive to develop our skills.
The Project Controls Officer is a key member of the project team who supports the team in all project related tasks and will work directly with the Project Manager to assist and provide insight to the development of project goals and objectives, maintaining the project budget and schedule, through critical analysis of progress reported against the initial baseline objectives, identifying and recommending opportunities for enhancement and efficiency of delivery at all times.
C-Capture are looking for a highly organised individual with a passion for cost and planning management reporting with attention to detail as the company grows and matures.
This will be a challenging yet rewarding role that will require a resilient and positive mindset, with a drive to see things through to completion.
Full time, permanent position, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours (flexible))
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Delivery Team by implementing best practices in project controls.
- Be the company focal point of expertise for MS Project and the wider projects systems.
- Develop and maintain the project management software and processes.
- Application of project controls processes and systems utilisation, inclusive of but not limited to ensuring timely responses to technical queries, variation orders review, contribution to agreed reporting metrics of financial and commercial deliverables.
- Demonstrate good understanding of project change management
- Management of Project set up, close out and reconciliations. Provide support to Project Leads with regular updates, referencing forecast and actual schedule and commercial project progress v baseline, tracking deliverables and ensuring QA/QC implemented via development of representative project trackers and dashboards.
- Provide Project Leads with project cost, work in progress (WIP) and schedule forecast trackers, via Cost Performance Index (CPI) and Schedule Performance Index) SPI metrics, recognising Work Breakdown structure (WBS) project structure development and associated resource profiling.
- Interface with internal and external finance teams to streamline Project Financial Reviews, inclusive of reviewing contractor payment applications in accordance with contractual terms.
- Provide Project Leads with representative commercial and schedule project data to prepare client specific monthly reports in relation to Project Execution Plan (PEP) guidelines contractually as agreed.
- Provide support to Project Leads to develop and test the project critical path schedule and resource estimation.
- Assist Project Leads record risks, opportunities, and mitigation strategies.
- Directing, planning, and scheduling functions and workshops, including schedule development, control, and analysis.
- Preparing / maintaining quality documents and company templates.
- Developing and monitoring key performance indicators as requested.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A high level of proficiency in MS Projects
- Attention to detail and excellent numerical skills, in relation to cost control delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- A Qualification in Project Controls an advantage, but not essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular; Teams, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Degree qualified or evidence of experience – preferably in a relevant numerical discipline is advantage, but not essential.
- UK driving license would be an advantage
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Participation in company share options schemes
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Genuine flexible working hours to support a healthy work-life balance allowing time to manage personal/family activities around work
- A creative and stimulating working environment where no two days are the same
- Company funded personal development and training
- Free on-site car parking
- A good balance between office based and plant-based working
- Working on projects where your skills can really make an impact
- Opportunities for travel and international working, along with exposure to multinational companies actively engaging with us in technology development and deployment
- Recognition for delivering a new, world leading, technology.
How to Apply?:
Please email email@example.com along with your CV and Cover Letter.
Closing date of 21st November 2023.
You agree to our Terms and Conditions and consent to C-Capture processing your data by submitting your CV.