Senior Process Engineer
Depending on experience
Leeds / Flexible
C-Capture is a growing Cleantech business based in Leeds, that has the potential to make a globally significant impact to combat climate change, with its patented carbon dioxide capture technology.
We exist to help decarbonise industries, and the world, with transformative carbon capture solutions, creating a cleaner, better future for us all.
Investors include IP Group, Drax, and BP Ventures. Since the summer of 2018, we have expanded the team from 5 to 40+ including a crop of extremely talented recent chemistry and engineering graduates who have quickly established themselves as key members of the technical team. The business support team is also expanding as we transition from a mostly research and development focused organisation to one that is on a firm commercial footing. We aim to double the number of colleagues again in the next 2 years, to demonstrate, then deploy our unique technology internationally across a broad range of industrial sectors.
Life at C-Capture
We’re a tight-knit team of committed colleagues, inclusive, unified and supportive. Collaboration means a lot to us as we work with our external partners to achieve our collective vision.
We challenge the norm and current chemistry and engineering so that we can develop the world’s best carbon capture technology. Our tenacity is reflected in our inquisitive nature, our support in upskilling our colleagues and adaptive nature to overcome problems we face.
As an award-winning start up with global ambitions, we were founded by some of the greatest minds in their field. Expertise is our foundation, but we are always ready to admit what we don’t know, as what we do know, so we never stop learning, and always strive to develop our skills.
C-Capture is looking for an enthusiastic individual for their Senior Process Engineer vacancy, with a depth of experience in process design and technology licensing. These skills need to be paired with experience in project management in a multidisciplinary environment. An individual who has a proven track record of successful project delivery and the ability to strengthen our project delivery team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Full scale process plant design and project management.
- Working with customers and third parties to deliver proposals, feasibility studies, FEED packages and provide project input through to the commissioning of full-scale plant.
- Develop and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of the technology.
- Develop new process technology working closely with the Engineering teams and R&D group as well as Engineering Packages, including preparation/checking of heat and mass balances, process specifications, P&ID development, hydraulic and process safety design.
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues.
- Support internal development and continuous improvement activity as required whilst ensuring C-Capture’s health, safety, environmental and quality procedures are followed.
- Be a work package and project owner.
- Manage delivery and relationships with customers, third parties and engineering partners.
- Managing and training teams in key engineering subject matter areas.
- Clear communication, reporting and leadership skills to support business growth.
- Managing delivery from interdisciplinary teams.
- Reporting to Senior Management covering progress and performance tracking.
- Execute and lead process engineering design activities, following procedures to schedule and budget as advised by the Manager of Projects.
Key Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience in CCS, Gas Processing, Energy Generation, Gasification and/or Hydrogen preferred.
- Knowledge in relevant codes and standards e.g. API, ASME.
- Proven process engineering design experience with technical safety and environmental aspects.
- Proficient in use of Engineering Software, e.g. AutoCAD P&ID and Aspen+ is an added advantage.
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and company objectives.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 6-10 Years of industrial experience
Full time, permanent position, Monday to Friday (flexible hours)
In return, the successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Participation in company share options schemes
- 28 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Bike 2 work scheme
- Genuine flexible working hours to support a healthy work-life balance allowing time to manage personal/family activities around work
- A creative and stimulating working environment where no two days are the same
- Company funded personal development and training
- Free on-site car parking
- Working on projects where your skills can really make an impact
- Opportunities for travel and international working, along with exposure to multinational companies actively engaging with us in technology development and deployment
- Recognition for delivering a new, world leading, technology.
5th January 2024
How to Apply?:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV and Cover Letter.
You agree to our Terms and Conditions and consent to C-Capture processing your data by submitting your CV.